< Back to product page
Fitting your AirTouch F20
1. Unclip EasyClick Magnets.
2. With your patient holding the mask towards their face, slide the headgear over the back of their head.
3. Reclip EasyClick Magnets.
Once your patient’s headgear and mask are properly fitted, you can use the upper and lower headgear straps to help fine-tune their fit. Once airflow is initiated, your patient’s cushion seal will also further adjust to suit their features and deliver greater comfort.
For additional information on mask maintenance and care, you can also visit the Supporting your patients section.
Managing leaks with your AirTouch F20
1. Leak often occurs when your mask’s seal is compromised by movement, incorrect fitting or improper sizing.
2. To find a source of leak, run your finger along the edge of your mask’s seal. Once located, adjust your headgear.
3. Resolve any leak in the upper part of your mask by adjusting your upper straps.
4. Resolve lower mask leak with your lower straps.
5. If leak persists, reseal by turning off your device, pulling your mask away from your face, allowing your cushion to reassume its natural shape, and then resettling your mask cushion on your face, with the top of the cushion sitting at the top of your nasal bridge.
6. If leak continues, you may need a different size mask. Try our sizing guide or speak to your healthcare provider about getting a different size mask.
Sizing your AirTouch F20
To comfortably fit a broader range of patients, AirTouch F20 features an entirely new cushion design. To make cross walking your existing patients easier, we recommend using our sizing guide – included in each AirTouch F20 box and specifically designed to help patients find the right fit. You can also download a copy of our sizing guide here.
The arrow of your sizing guide should align with the top of your patient’s nasal bridge. The segment of the guide corresponding with the crease below your patient’s lower lip will indicate their best fit. If a patient falls between sizes, we recommend selecting a larger option for greater comfort.
AirTouch F20 has three cushion sizes - small, medium and large. The modular design of the AirTouch F20 means each size cushion easily clicks into the same F20 mask frame. The AirTouch F20 frame is also modular with our new AirFit F20 series – allowing for easy swapping between foam and silicone cushions.
Your patients can also download a copy of our sizing guide from the ResMed website.
Assembling your AirTouch F20
1. Attach cushion to frame.
2. Attach the EasyClick Magnets.
3. Connect upper headgear straps.
4. Connect elbow to mask frame
Disassembling your AirTouch F20
1. Remove elbow from frame.
2. Unclip the EasyClick Magnets.
3. Undo upper headgear tabs.
4. Pull strapping away from frame.
5. Pull cushion away from frame.
Maintaining your AirTouch F20
1. To maintain optimum therapy performance, your mask should be checked regularly for signs of damage and deterioration.
2. When cleaning your mask, you should also check each component for damage. Your cushion, frame, tubing, elbow and headgear should all be regularly checked for cracks and tears.
3. If any component of your mask is cracked or torn, it may be damaged and in need of replacement.
4. To ensure optimum comfort and seal, we recommend regularly replenishing your AirTouch F20 mask cushion
Cleaning your AirTouch F20 (Weekly)
1. Disassemble mask. EasyCpck magnets can remain attached to headgear during cleaning.
2. Handwash headgear in warm water with mild pquid detergent.
3. Rinse headgear under running water. Inspect to ensure headgear is clean and detergent free. Wash and rinse again, if necessary.
4. Squeeze headgear to remove excess water.
5. Leave headgear to air dry out of direct sunpght.These instructions are for general information purpose only. For full details consult the user guide.
Cleaning the AirFit F20 mask (Weekly)
1. Disassemble mask. Magnets¹ can remain attached to headgear during cleaning.
2. Handwash headgear in warm water with mild liquid detergent.
5. Leave headgear to air dry out of direct sunlight.
These instructions are for general information purpose only. For full details consult the user guide.
1. Use of masks with magnetic components is contraindicated in patients with the following pre-existing conditions: a metallic haemostatic clip implanted in the head to repair an aneurysm and/or metallic splinters in one or both eyes.
© 2020 ResMed All rights reserved